Updated news on the Gambino, Genovese, Bonanno, Lucchese, and Colombo Organized Crime Families of New York City.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Don't mess with John Travolta and his role as Dapper Don, says John Gotti's widow Victoria


John Gotti's widow defended actor John Travolta — who’s set to play her late husband on the big screen — in a way that surely has the macho Dapper Don spinning in his grave.
“What difference does it make if he were gay?” Victoria Gotti told the Daily News in an expletive-filled defense of the actor, who’s been embroiled by a sex scandal for more than a week.
“Who the f--k really cares? Does it make him less of a beautiful human being? No. . . .

Leave him the f--k alone. Whatever the true story is, leave him with his dignity,” she added.
“In the grand scheme of things, it really does not matter.”
The Gotti matriarch’s reaction was far different from the feeling in the old neighborhood, where some people said the actor rubs them the wrong way.
“I don’t think he should have been cast to play Gotti,” said Frank Gallano, 57, of Ozone Park, Queens. “And with this sexual scandal, it’s not helping. He’s not right for the part.”
Others suggested that Travolta’s reported preference for male masseurs puts his machismo in question — in stark contrast to the former Gambino crime family boss.
“John Gotti is a tough guy,” said John Sendeney, 54, who works at a car service in Gotti’s old stomping grounds. “Everybody who grew up here knows that.”
Victoria Gotti 
Victoria Gotti came to the defense of Travolta in surprising fashion.
Gotti’s son, however, is in his mother’s camp.
Junior Gotti’s lawyer said the Dapper Don’s son sent the “Pulp fiction” star a letter expressing the family’s support.
“If there’s anybody in this world who knows that people make false accusations against someone for their own benefit, it’s John,” Junior’s lawyer, Charles Carnesi, told the Daily News.
Feds failed to convict John A. "Junior" in four racketeering trials between 2004 and 2009.
Each ended in mistrial when the jury failed to reach a unanimous verdict.
The producers of “Gotti: In the Shadow of My Father” are firmly behind Travolta.
“The producers are not the slightest bit concerned about the allegations being made and are behind John 110%,” Steve Honig, spokesman for the flick’s production company Fiore Films, told The News.
Honig said “everyone,” including Travolta’s wife, Kelly Preston, is still attached to the film. Preston, who’s been married to Travolta for more than two decades, is set to play Gotti’s wife. Filming is expected to begin near the end of the year.

travolta2Travolta flanked by John Gotti's daughter, Victoria (l.), John A. "Junior" Gotti and Lindsay Lohan 
Travolta, 58, was sued earlier this month by two anonymous masseurs — John Doe No. 1 and No. 2 — who claim in a federal court filing the “Pulp Fiction” star grabbed at their crotches and masturbated during private rubdowns.
Doe No. 1 claimed the horny hijinx happened at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Jan. 16. After Travolta’s camp provided evidence that suggested the actor was 3,000 miles away in New York, that accuser claimed he got the date wrong.
The second masseur claimed his sexual battery happened Jan. 28 at a private resort in Atlanta while Travolta was in town filming “Killing Season” with Robert De Niro.
Okorie Okorocha, the lawyer initially handling both masseurs’ claims, said Doe No. 1 is seeking a new lawyer. Okorocha said he might withdraw Doe No. 2’s claim if Travolta accepts arbitration.
A third man has stepped forward with claims Travolta offered him $12,000 for sex and his silence while he was working on a Royal Caribbean ship in 2009.
And the Daily News revealed on Saturday that Michael Caputo, a former masseur at the swanky Peninsula Hotel in midtown claims Travolta was blacklisted from the rooftop spa after inappropriate conduct.
Travolta, through his lawyer, has denied all the allegations.


0 comments:

Post a Comment